Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Snow!


It snowed here Sunday night, our first semi-big snow. The campus is beautiful, but it's freezing out there! That hasn't kept me from having fun in the snow, though; on Sunday, after an inch of snow had accumulated, Jaela, Alexa and I went out in and threw snowballs at each other and then ran around shaking snow off the trees and onto ourselves. When we were covered we stumbled into Gillette (our dorm) and collapsed on the floor, gasping about the terrible blizzard and how we were lucky to make it back alive. Silly, but fun.

The next day after my classes were over I felt an intense longing to do something outside; the snow was making me think of my siblings and how we always went out sledding and had snowball fights. So I found a friend, and we made a snow penguin, which was originally supposed to be a snowman but ended up looking like a bird. When we finished my gloves were soaked, my hands numb, but I was happy.


Here's a link to more pictures: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2007936&l=4b439&id=1449219994

4 comments:

  1. sounds like so much fun! it just snowed a lot here today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why is there a branch sticking out of your penguins head? Did he get into a fight with another penguin?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, that's feathers--he's a crested penguin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. he's so cute! That looks like a fun break from classes; we're still waiting for 'big' snow here. :)

    ReplyDelete