Sunday, October 5, 2008

Craziness

Oh dear, it's been a whole week since I last posted. I have a good excuse though . . . two, actually: I've been busy, and nothing really post-worthy has happened. There are a few small things you might be interested in hearing about, though.

1. I got an A- on my sleep essay. My teacher had a lot of good things to say about it and just a few suggestions for changes. Now I know I can do well in that class.

2. I got 100% on my Bib lit test. Now I know my study methods work well, and that class should be easy.

3. I had an American lit exam on Wednesday. There were some fill-in-the-blank questions, a short-answer question, and a long essay question. I hate having to sit down and write an essay and hand it in with no chance to think over and revise it. But the prof had given us the topics beforehand (we had a choice of 5), so at least I was able to get a good idea of what I wanted to write about before actually writing it. I think it went okay; I haven't gotten that test back yet, so I'll have to see. The essay could have been better, but it wasn't awful.

4. This past weekend was homecoming and Houghton's 125th anniversary celebration. There were no classes on Friday -- it was wonderful. Yesterday there was a parade, then a festival on the quad complete with food, games, and a ferris wheel. The highlight of the weekend was SPOT (don't ask me what it means), a twice-a-year talent show that originated in the 70s. The acts were incredibly funny; they have ones from past years on youtube, and I'm sure this year's will be posted soon if you're interested in watching any. The bad part is, it went till 1:15 -- AM. It was supposed to start at 10 (last night), but they didn't even let us into the chapel, where it was held, till 10:30. And then it still didn't start for a while. Since I got up for church this morning (a special service at the chapel) I'm exhausted now. And Jaela and I are going to hiking soon. Just what I need.

5. Last night was our second writers' group meeting, and although there were only four of us there (because of all the homecoming/anniversary stuff), it was still fun. There are so many brilliant, creative people here.

My mind has gone blank, so I'll end this random, haphazard post. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment